Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Good Hippie Day...

 I spent a day being a good hippie. That's as in I did a bunch of recycling. Most people that see me in my professional capacity do not automatically think hippie. I do try to save the world whenever the chance presents it's self and yesterday was one of those. 

It was spring cleaning time and here is a bunch of stuff I took to metal recycle. The items include the hot water heater I replaced last week and the old riding lawnmower that seemed such a good idea to hang on to 10 years ago. That swing set remains are all that is left from a Christmas morning of 25 degrees many years ago. I remember the temp because I stood outdoors and put it together for the kids. All this was sold as scrap by weight. I made $97.

I also took 5 to 10 gallons of used motor oil, cooking oil and anti freeze to the city recycle. Thanks to The City of Lufkin for recently beginning to take anti freeze and cooking oil. The anti freeze I had on hand had been stored for years. The cooking oil will become bio diesel. Good things come for those who wait and save stuff they don't know what to do with.

All this has some side benefits. The place is a lot neater, I got some pocket cash and my heirs won't wonder why I saved all these odds and ends. I also got to pretend I was a hippie for a day. 






Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger