Friday, June 07, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Dad...

 My Dad was born on June 7th. He passed away when he was 66 and I think if my math is good he would have been 89 today.

Here's a photo of me and him with a 28 pound opelousa catfish we caught on a trot line sometime in the mid to late 1980s. I still fish this same general area. When I post pictures of   Cathy fishing at what we call "the place" the waters that produced this big cat are right behind us. Those big cats are still there but time has rotted out the stumps that make for easy trot line sets.  

And with the passage of that time I don't wear shorty shorts anymore. I do still  fish like my dad taught me but I do have one problem that needs your help. As my time passes I think I should graduate on to the bucket hat/jump suit look like my dad wears here. It's only natural. Not that the outfit is natural but that I should wear one. Call it ancestral destiny.   The problem is my wife won't let me. Please post your thoughts and start a jump into a jump suit movement. 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Wallace said...

Jumpsuit are very unflattering to the behind...but they help with hiding the belly. As you are often asking if things make your butt look big I think you might not enjoy accentuating it. ;)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

You read my mind about hiding the belly.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger