Saturday, June 15, 2013

More Shameless Self Promotion...

I know it's Father's Day weekend and that should be enough but here's more. I posted this sound clip on facebook but decided I would get it up for my blogger friends also. It's the last guitar I build and the tune is "See That MY Grave is Kept Clean"

Posted by PicasaTexas Blues man Blind Lemon Jefferson wrote and recorded this traditional tune "See That My Grave is Kept Clean" in 1927. I recorded it on one of my homemade 4 string guitars tuned to G minor and played through a 1968 Fender Bandmaster.
Blind Lemon was born in Coutchman Texas in 1893 and died in Chicago in 1929. He was buried in Texas in the Wortham Negro Cemetery and the grave was unmarked until 1967. That is when when a marker was erected in what the cemetery committee considered the most general area of his burial.
One thing I considered after making this recording is I have a trip to Chicago planned in the very near future. It's said that Blind Lemon either had a heart attack, froze, or was poisoned. Probablly only one of those three is open to me at this point but I did have a good time with a spookey minor key version of this old tune. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger