Saturday, June 08, 2013

Bream Fishing...

On a late afternoon fishing trip Cathy studies chem trails in the evening sky. Some people believe in those subversive kind of things, conspirator theories and that they are out to get us, doing something to us, spying on us and so on. I don't worry about that stuff because I feel the truth is stranger that what you can imagine. But just say for a minute it's all true. I'd get back at them the best way I could. As Gary Larsen said in the old "Farside" cartoon, "this means no limit and screw the size restriction" or something to that effect.



Well there is no limit on bream, size or numbers. We threw back quite a few but kept these fat boys and they are now swimming in our bellies. I cleaned them like my Uncle Slug showed me one time long ago. Slip the knife blade around the back and belly fins, put them out leaving the meat ready to come off in bite size hunks with no small bones to swallow.


Good thing there were and even 10 of them. We got 5 each. I'd hate to have to fight my wife for the last one. It's said the blues man Howling Wolf could eat 50 bream at a sitting. I don't know if they were big fat bream like some of these or all different sizes but click the link to read a 2006 blog post on this subject. The Wolf don't strike me as a man who would cull anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger