Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Your Tuesday Morning Lure Suggestions...


In case you are down at your local sporting goods store, in this neck of the woods it's Academy, and you are having the first world problem of being unable to decide what bait to pick out from the shining rows of offerings so richly offered by the factories of China let me make a suggestion or two. 

For pan fish try the good old Charlie Brewer Crappie slider. Here you see one of the short jig ones but the longer weedless worms work well also. It's a "do nothing" lure. Cast it out and reel back real slow. The paddle tail does all the work. 



This bass took a jointed Rapala. The bass in Morgan's pond where these photos were taken like soft plastic jigs and spinners but this is the best hard bait I have found. I bet this lure is 30 years old. I have had it a long time. 

I know it's only two baits I suggest here but some places in the world people have no bait at all. Don't be greedy.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger