Sunday, July 28, 2013

Family Tree Research...

So as if I did not have anything else to do I started a family tree. Gotta be careful looking up a family tree because a monkey might sit on your face. 

I have been careful and it takes a bit of care but using Ancestory.com I have found a wealth of info and it may take the rest of my life to sort it out. Here is a photo I scanned and posted on the Ledbetter side of my family tree. It's my mom's grandparents in about 1907. I think I have it right who was who:
 Henry Ledbetter and family left to right son Don, wife Malinda, Henry, standing in front of Henry Lillian (never married) standing front is Edmund, standing back Walter Roberts who married daughter Mary who is holding their daughter Ila. seated with child Richard is Ethel Janet "Pinkie" Ledbetetr Wiley (my grandmother). Seated child is Pinkie's son Clay. Standing is Walter, Henry's son and wife Beulah with daughter May.

(Looks a little funny because of my copy and paste)

The Ledbetters look to be traceable back to England where they were sword makers (Lead Beater) possibly before 1066. The Wiley side of my mom's family also goes back to England. On my dad's side the Wallace family look to originate from Londonderry Ireland. After that it's all American with Revoutionary vets, War of 1812 Indian fighters committing genocide on indigenous peoples, slave owners, and Confederates and their widows who were filing for CSA war veteran pensions as late as 1924 in the Angelina Country Court House. 

I really don't know what to think of all this. Maybe it is best summed up by a recent quote I read in a book. "North, East, and West are directions. The South is a place." To my cousins, I'll keep you posted and maybe get all this in some organized fashion that can be shared. 


Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger