Saturday, October 12, 2013

More Box Guitars...



Here's Guitar builds number 14 ad 15. The chamber pot is not a musicl instrument but you never know when a drummer may stop by. 

The can guitar is from a French Market can. It plays on the lap and is tuned to a root - five tuning. Has a good acoustic sound a raspy in a nice way electric sound, especially when connected to my 1968 Bandmaster amp. Most instruments tend to sound good with this amp. For what sounds like a can guitar check out the new North Mississippi All Stars Cd. 









Square guitar is a cigar tin. It has a nice banjo sound and then gets real gnarly electrically. I think I prefer the tin guitars if I am going to have to amp them. It's a three string. I like the 1-3-5 tuning of the scale. This guitar low to high is an A chord, e-c#-a. Seems a lot of builders like the 1-5-1 tuning but I like the happy major chord sound.  

But it's your pick, what tuning to use. What song to play. Just be sure you don't play it like anyone else does. 

These guitars are for sale.    Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger