Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And Moses Saw the Burning Bush...

Here's a Cayenne pepper bush that I planted last spring. It made a good bunch of peppers through the summer and is really loaded with them right now. I have been eating a handful of them three meals a day for the past few days. Contrary to what you might think they are not that hot but then I am not a good person to ask. 

This plant made me go all Old Testament and think about old Moses up on Mt. Horeb seeing a bush that was afire but not consumed. A quick check on wiki tells us that to Christians and Jews use the burning bush as sign of energy, illumination, and the burning heat of clarity, love and purity.  

Wiki also advances the theory that old Mo might have partaken of hallucinogenic plants native to the area. People in search of religious illumination have been known to do that and the facts of afire and not consumed do not quite geehaw with logical thought but is something that requires faith. The wiki source article is quick to point out that this fact cannot be proved or disproved. There are hallucinogenic plants native to this area and unlike Mo and due to a policy in my workplace I can quickly prove that I wrote this blog post and only consumed Cayenne Peppers as my pure hot illumination. 

I do think that all these old stories and blessing of food from the Earth do mean it's good and fun to be a Christian.    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger