Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pictures of My Food...

I don't post photos of my food. I know as soon as I hit the "publish" button folks will start to come over, call, and email that I post pictures of my food. Well maybe I have and I know I have posted quite a few photos of my food before it was cleaned, plucked, skinned and so on. I guess maybe some folks get ideas what this blog is about that are not really what it's about. You might have seen a picture of my food and I was really talking about something else. You might say I was using a literary device and the task at hand for my device today is the great food at La Peniche restaurant in New Orleans. 

We discovered La Peniche last year. It's a 5 minute walk from the Kerlerec Guest house where we stayed. The restaurant is open 24 hours a day except for maybe one day a week it closes early and opens late the next day. It's a small place with breakfast specials each day. This is when we usually ate there but I would like to go in at 3 in the morning just to check out who might be getting up to have breakfast at such an early New Orleans hour.  It also has a full menu of po boys, pork chops, fried seafood and so on. Breakfast is so good I could never bring myself to try anything else. Here it is, my breakfast:
This ladies and fat men is a red beans four egg omelet with biscuit, potatoes and cheese grits. I ate it all. In the upper left corner is a breakfast samich that Ali ate and it was no slouch of a meal either. I had the basket of butter for dessert. Bad thing about a breakfast like this is after eating it I would not be hungry till 5pm. I think that made everyone else mad at me because they would all be hungry and wanting to eat and I was not. I kept saying "Guys, we are going to have to eat breakfast earlier than 3pm for me to be hungry again by supper!" 

Anyway here's all the people madly glowering at be for being too full as they sit around the table at La Penichie. Left to right is Katie holding Coraline, Peter, Juan holding Warren, Miguel not paying attention and Mary paying attention for Miguel. 
I hold down the other end of the table with Ali. She is holding her breath that I will break the lens due to the shear weight of food swimming in my belly. 
Mardi Gras fun continues this weekend in the big easy. I got to work. If you are having fun eat one for me. You can see I ate one for you when I had to. 



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger