Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Got a Couple of Projects Going This Morning...

I am off today and and busy fun planned. Cathy is sleeping and should be up in a minute but in the meantime I have been down in the workshop this morning. Here is a project I finished up. It's a collaboration on an instrument my father in law Bill started. You know Bill, he's my celebrity sponsor.  

Bill had this instrument mostly finished, headstock was not attached, needed a bridge, tailpiece and strings. I fixed all those things. 
The laminated top was very easy to catch and peel up. I think it's a pretty old project and the wood is dried out so I took contact paper and put along the edges to protect them from snags. So far so good.  

That's a mandolin tail piece. 

Tuners and headstock.

I made it an electric instrument. Here's something new I learned off the internets. Embed piezo pickups in bottle caps with hot glue to make a more feed back resistant pickup for an improved electric sound.  

A closer look. That's my brand, O'Douls. It's what you call "near beer." 

I have this instrument like most everything tuned to open E. It could be tuned as a tenor guitar or a plectrum banjo. Lots of possibility. I'll try to get a sound clip up. 

This guitar not for sale. I have another project to sell almost finished. It's for those out there with the munchies. Check back for photos in a few days. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger