Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Black Joe Lewis at Riot Fest...

When we mentioned we would be seeing Black Joe Lewis it caused a bit of confusion because it was at first thought we were trying to distinguish between two different performers and we did not want to mislead people who may have thought we saw White Joe Lewis.  It's not that kind of thing. If you like blues, garage, punk or James Brown check out Black Joe and his newest album "Electric Slave." For that manner please be sure and check out any Black Joe album. 

Black Joe hails from Austin so he is best I can find out a Texas boy. We are friends on facebook. He has pictures of himself holding up a big bass he caught so he is an ok dude. 

They used to call this band the Honeybears but I don't think they are using that name for now. This was the first act to open Riot Fest and possibly the loudest band we saw. May be the coldest band we saw because you could see these Texas guys shiver and rub their hands against the chill damp Chicago day. 
This guy's bari sax honk makes you want one of these in your band. Check the scorpions embrodiered on his shirt. I think this shirt might be from a street vendor in New Orleans that I also bought two shirts from except mine have crawfish and bigfoot embroidery. 
For all you old high school band mates. The horn band is alive and well. The thing that all us old horn players dug about music in the 1970s still has a groove. 
Bass player what am a bass player. I want to be this guy when I grow up. I noticed the band posted a video clip this week of them clowning around before a gig. I think they all mostly had on the same clothes as they did this day in Chicago. Traveling light I guess. 


I am a Fender amp guy but Joe makes me want a Vox. 





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger