Sunday, September 28, 2014

People Ax Me All These Things...

Had a great day fishing with Matt, Kellie and Richard yesterday. We ended up with 37 catfish. No great size but just a tube full of eaters. Folks ax me questions about cooking and catching them so I'll try to answer. 

Here's Matt and Kellie fixing to cast a line to out to shallow water spot we call "the place." Nothing there. We had hoped the cooling weather would bring some fish up shallow for slip corking but not yet. 
Kellie catches a fish. So here is a secret. It's pretty cosmic. See the little skinny stick up the boat is tied to? Earlier in the summer when we discovered this spot you could barely get a grip on this little tree top protruding in 28 ft of water. Lake level has dropped so it's easier to grab but be gentle. Don't break it off. You know what that little stick signifies?  It's the road less traveled. Fishermen are going to tie to the big, easy to grab trees. They are going to fish the big points of land jutting into the lake. They are going to fish the obvious spots to hold fish. Don't get be wrong those are good spots but everyone "spots" them. You got to find the place within a place. The spot too hard for others to try. Wow, this turns into a big life allegory. Thanks for reading folks, just Sunday morning tripping here with my morning coffee before the rest of the house rises. It's another one of my hobbies. 
This is Richard. He did not buy a fishing license. I think the trip was fun for him but he did not really say much. 
Me and Matt with a double. There were a lot of doubles, even a couple of triples and a bucket full of undersize throw backs. I think this was the third spot we hit and it was the jackpot. 
Kellie with another. 

Cathy with a nice one. Cathy managed to get a hook barb in her hand but pulled it out. There's an after photo floating around on facebook. She was sorry we did not make a before photo of the hook. 

Me and Cathy pose for the "tub" shot. This was such a good mess of fish some are swimming in our bellies, some will swim in our bellies for lunch today and some went to the freezer to swim in our bellies at a later fish fry. 

Speaking of the road less traveled that's not my house in the back ground. Its just one of the outbuildings on the property. No matter what you may think about me, this blog and the world in general I did sleep in a bed last night, I used a flush toilet, Fender guitars do not sponsor my fishing trips and as much as you would like to believe I drink coffee straight from the pot I am using a cup this morning. 





Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous jmc said...

fun

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger