Wednesday, November 05, 2014

The Mr. Ortega Guitar...

On the heels of cigar box guitar selling success at the craft fair a guy, Mr. Ortega, who I play with occasionally at the Lufkin State Supported Living Center dances has commissioned me to build a custom job. He furnished his own box. I am certain this is not coincidence but it happens to once contained Ortega brand cigars.

I looked up Ortega brand series D cigars on the ever faithful internet. Their web site claims this cigar has "rich notes of dark cocoa, coffee beans and dried fruit." I like that. It's a meal, a dessert, a drink and after you are through even though you are so full you won't fall asleep. 
I think this is going to be a fine sounding guitar. 

The box has gold hinges and latch so gold tuners will match.  


Neck stain is dark. I would normally finish today but with the wet weather I might let the neck dry over night. 


Neck fit is good with a slight cut out so the top is not too tight against the lid and kills acoustic resonance. It will be an electric guitar with the two pick up piezo system each side of the bridge. 

Mr. Ortega, your guitar will be nice. I'll be contacting you early next week. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger