Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Old Family Baby Photos...

And I do mean old. I don't even know who these people are but they are thought to be my Wiley/Ledbetter ancestors. They are from the collection assembled by my cousin Mary Lou and her husband Mike. Maybe they will chime in if they can name some but I think many of these identities are lost to time. At least a picture is still worth a 1000 words and maybe a little more so on the internets these days. I don't think any of these folks are in a position to be embarrassed by this publication. 

These photos come from a file of almost 3000 images. This is an attempt to get them organized in som fashion. In this attempt to put some form to all this I chose baby photos as an organizing phrase and the oldest ones at that. There are 100s of baby photos and some are quite recent. Your parents can put those on their blog for you. I might have used a couple of photos here from the 1940s. In the future I will organize and publish a blog now and then with titles such as animals, young men/women, family groups, husband and wife and so on.  




Ok, I would have done this myself, "Let's pose the baby in front of the outhouse." looks like an accident but you are really showing off for the out of town relatives. 


This photo had a caption "Gladys Stuart?"




A Happy Baby. 

Hard to see but this photo must be old. 

One minute ago that boy in the middle was pulling hair. He did not get caught.  





Not babies but everyone says, "Here come the sisters." 


You would get sent to jail for letting a baby stand on a chair these days. 

A "Modern" photo I think this might be my cousin Bill. He was here last summer for a fish fry and it's too good a photo not to use. He can still wear those pants.  The "Let 'em have it with both barrels" shot. 

Parade rest! 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous willliec said...

I think the outhouse was showing off-----a nice neat two holer!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger