Monday, July 27, 2015

More Music You Might LIke...

I am so far behind in blog writing I am going to reach back to our last New Orleans trip for some photos of the Wood Brothers. 
The Wood Brothers are Chris on string bass and Oliver on guitar. It's a kind of folky blues/Americana thing going on that has chord progressions you have heard before but what makes it a bit different is that the phrases resolve a bit differently that you might expect in ways that are unexpectedly pleasing and  surprising to the ear.  


Multi instrumentalist Jano Rix plays drums, melodica and and unusual percussion instrument the shuitar. 

Here's a close up of the shuitar headstock. Careful with that spelling. Some people call my playing "shitar." 


Oliver plays some cool guitars. Here's a nice thin hollow body Guild. 

Chris on bass. 

Jano on melodica. 

Check these guys out. Their new album is due in October. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger