Monday, December 14, 2015

No More Live Music?...

At least that's what I have heard. I'm talking about down at Lufkin's own Standpipe Coffeehouse where at least it went out with a bang with a show by Christopher Paul Stelling. CPS is a singer songwriter and a very fluent guitarist. He's a favorite at Standpipe and has played there several times. Sorry for the crappy pictures but I only had my cell phone. 

Very good show. He's a throw back to the days when singer songwriters did not vote for people like Donald Trump and has the songs to back up his reasons.  

Hey! look at that guitar playing! A singer songwriter supposed to be doing that? 

Opening act was Kyle. We recently met Kyle and his girl Tressa  (I think I spelled it correctly) hanging out one afternoon at Blackspot Tattoo. They were passing through but came back like a physic boomerang and  while I sat in the chair getting some work by the Tiny Tattooist Kyle and Cathy traded some songs. Kyle's songs are spooky, sad original tunes. Cathy played nearly an hour's worth of Townes Van Zant. 


Check out some CPS. I bet he will be back and I bet the Standpipe will have live music again sometime before then. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger