Thursday, June 30, 2016

Attention Musicians Street Busking Available...

There is a great opportunity right now in downtown Lufkin for performers of all types. On the third Saturday of each month 6pm-8pm you can sign up with the City of Lufkin to be a street busker. Busking is the art of public performance for tips. You need a permit and it is easy to obtain by calling Barbara Thompson at Main Street Lufkin at 936-634-8881. 

We have done this several times and it's a lot of fun. Crowds of passerbys are not huge so if you are looking for a big audience it's something that area performers are going to have to get together and build. I think it is a chance to have something quirky going on that features the talent of our area and maybe creates an identity we could be know for . It would be great to have some mimes, magicians and more downtown. 





The next date is July 16th. Look for a cast of characters such as mudbelly, mule armstrong, meat sweat, necklips and banjo Bill. 

I like this video of a street performer called spoonman. It's been awhile since I watched it but I think one of them says street performance is the highest art. 


 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger