Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Revisiting Instruments I have Made...

I wish I had kept count of how many cigar box, tin and can guitars I have made and sold. I got busy and lost it. Good thing though is that through the support of my friends I get to see these guitars from time to to and check up on them. 

The latest ones were the uke and the coffee can guitars I made for Katie and Peter. If you recall I posted a video on facebook of the uke. Of course like everything else I play I use the slide.

I also played Peter's coffee can guitar. I was about the 5th guitar I made.

Funny story with this. There was a kid, maybe 10 years old and a little boundary-less but not in a terrible way wanted to hear some music. That's a good thing when people come to your house and expect to hear music. I was selected as the entertainer (nice too know I'm kid friendly) and I was asked what instrument I wanted to use of the several available. I chose this can guitar. 

As I began to play the kid threw his hands to his ears and said "too loud, too loud." Can you imagine that?

These things work. You can do some damage. People may not like it but that good. Some think the music playing on the grocery store overhead in a nice safe well lit environment is rock. It's not. Now get out there and scare someone. 

My instruments do the job. 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger