Friday, January 06, 2017

It's Carnival Time...

I have a case of post New Orleans depression. It's a feeling you get on the return from the Big Easy and the old cold drab supper on your plate just has no taste. Or maybe you put on a record and danced around like you did in a Frenchman Street live music club but the only problem is you knocked over an end table and broke a lamp. Post New Orleans Depression is a things undone situation you sense when you should have gone to this place, ate this cajun dish or bought that silly crawfish thing you saw in the French Market. Don't worry it's over the next time you get to go and have a chance to fix it. I feel it coming on this weekend even though I'm just back because the first Mardi Gras Parades are scheduled to roll now till Fat Tuesday.

It was a bit of consolation in advance on this trip because we did get to see the Sugar Bowl Parade. A few big floats and lots of bands with many tuba players gave us just enough to get in a good carnival mood.

Here's the French Market Coffee float.

Take the "A" Train! 


U.S. Air Force Honor Guard tubas. 


Man bun tuba. 


Oklahoma Sooner Band Tubas. Oklahoma played Auburn in the Sugar Bowl and Oklahoma won. I don't know why I did not manage to get a photo of the Auburn tubas. I did know that after seeing the bands that Auburn was a corp style band with good discipline. Oklahoma looked to be a mob style band probably entertaining but good and sloppy. .    


You gotta have Louie representing on a float somewhere. I think that's a city ordinance. 


Bystanders groove to the marching band's drum line beat. 


These folks going to hurt their necks trying for beads. 


Oh, I think they just hungry for shrimp. 


Looks like I won't make Mardi Gras so a cure for this affliction with be a while in coming. Till then:





 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger