Monday, May 08, 2017

Conroe Americana Festival...

We spent a very nice weekend in Conroe, Texas at their very first Americana Festival. We were tipped to this by our friends Scott and Ellen, who were tipped by their friends John and Diane and we all attended together. It was a chance to hang with our old friends plus meet some new ones. Here's the gang.

I must say that this was a well put on festival. The bands were a great mix of old and new in the Americana style. It was not crowded. The bands played under two big tents and at four downtown watering holes. Easy, quick walking from one event to another and I almost always was able to find a seat if I wanted one. Dining was food trucks or a couple of the bars that sold food. Conroe knows good music because it seems that some of the bands are regulars in the area and I know that good world class music is hosted at the downtown Crigthton Theater and out on I 45 at the Dosey Do. I mentioned not crowded. Attendance was light so I hope this event was profitable for the city and continues in the future. 


The Jamaican food truck was the best. This is curry goat. The jerk pork was also great. They gave out free advice on the best hot sauce to pair with your order.  I had the Scotch Bonnet with the goat and the pineapple habenaro with the pork. 


I made a ton of photos so stay tuned for music reviews in the space probably for weeks to come. It was called the Americana Festival but before you get to thinking too much about that high lonesome twang check out the Peterson Brothers. I assume this is two sets of brothers as two of the guys look like twins. So if you like old school soul, blazing funky bass with hints of classic jazz quoted during fantastic soloing, Freddie King and Texas Blues give these guys a listen.  





It was the kind of festival makes you want to grab a guitar yourself. I say there is plenty of good new music and creativity boiling out of people these days.  Music is great, music is love. I can't hear enough. 



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger