Thursday, December 21, 2017

Drum and Tuba Christmas...

I guess it's a milestone of sorts. This was mine and Mary's 5th year of drum and tuba performances. Time does fly. It does not seem that long. We only performed once at Huntington Healthcare and Rehab, my work place with me and Mary as a band and I played the Lufkin State Supported Living Center with some other guys as a moonlighting job.

Here is what drum and tuba looks like when they are on a roll. I upgraded from a Santa Suit to one of those ugly Christmas suits this year. Seems one year when we were setting up for a performance I had to temporarily duck around a corner because some ones kid was coming and the mom did not want her little prince's idea of Santa perverted. I did it but I have made one of my kids play on stage with me for this show so you know what kind of parent I am. At least the ugly suit solves that problem. No one mistakes me for Santa.
 
Hello. I'm tuba. This is drum.

 
 

 
We always end up with a Feliz Navidad cunga line. Captured a resident in the background of this photo but no worry. I showed her the photo, warned of social media backlash and received her blessing to use the image.  

 
Since this performance I have receive some great feed back. Someone told me "it was beautiful." People have said many things about my tuba playing but I think that's the first time that adjective has been used. Today the hairdresser at the nursing home told me that drum and tuba Christmas was a topic on everyone's mind as the sat for new dos.
 
The LSSLC performance was me on tuba and ugly suit, Dan on drums, Danny on bass, Mike on guitar and Rhonda on piano. I have not been back there to get any feed back so the verdict is still out but anytime I got a tuba be sure that as Howlin' Wolf said "I have had my fun."  
 
I thank Mary for hanging with me on these shows. I know with a young family she is busy. Maybe next year I'll street busk on my own a few nights. Till then Merry Drum and Tuba Christmas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger