Thursday, December 14, 2017

You Know That Moment...

We all have our moments. You know how it was when you think about where you were when JFK was assassinated. You remember when you heard that Santa was real. You will never forget when Trump lead that Muslim prayer call from the top of the Washington Monument, oh wait a minute maybe that was Obama. You know what I mean, those special moments.

 
Here's a special moment. It's the one where Ezra heard about his possum hunting ancestors. A long tradition. I think we have photos of Morgan in this hat. You put on the hat, you sit in Pop Pop's lap and he tells you about the long journey your ancestors made from first landing on these shores, hunting possum just to survive and pooping in the woods to well, hunting possum and pooping in  the woods like we still do today sometimes. 
 
If you want to know the real truth possum is not that good but then neither are most chain restaurants. We do have the tradition you may have read about on these pages of the Christmas possum where of course no possums are hurt but I'll let Ezra's daddy teach him that.
 
I guess you might say we just like to talk about possum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger