Wednesday, January 31, 2018

On this Day Yes a Tuba...

Facebook has this "on this day" thing that pops up every morning. Most of the time I don't pay it much mind. I have found out from paying it some mind before that I am usually doing one out of about four things. I am either fishing, (I know you wait with baited breath to see another photo of Cathy and a catfish and yeah, baited breath does sound a little nasty) playing guitar, watching someone else play guitar or playing tuba. We will talk about the tuba here because this photo of me and Coraline playing tuba popped up as a memory today from 2011.
 Of course my continuing series of baby in the tuba is as popular as ever even all these years later. Her Ezra and Wallace share duty. At first I thought Wallace was crying but I think that was singing. 



 In this year's version of Coraline with tuba you can see how much she has grown as she grips a baritone horn. Interesting piece Warren holds. IT's an E-flat tenor horn Rose found in a thrift store for $20. No mouthpiece and one valve is stuck but I think it's repairable. It will be an adventure with e flat as I am used to the concert c instruments.  It will be kind of like transposing for an alto sax I think. These horns were used as a mid range um pa on the up beat in British military bands.

 Today I held Ezra and played the baritone horn for him. He was just as quiet as a mouse and curious as a cat. Looking, looking and wondering about this low brass world he lives in. 




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger