Saturday, March 09, 2019

March Catish...

What the world needs now is another picture of Cathy catching a catfish. There were not many to make on this day as it was cool and windy after a couple of freezing nights so they seemed to have lock jaw. We only caught 3. It was a nice cool spring day to be out and I suspect it will be steadily warming up after this. 

Hanks Creek ramp still closed. We had camping reservations this weekend but the park canceled. Just as well as our main fishing buddy Matt had his hip replacement so that's or main activity this weekend. He is doing fine by the way. 

We launched at Shirly Creel. I saw a KTRE news story about lake front erosin. Here's an out crop we spotted.  


If you click on the photo you can probably see the water line on the trees marking the previous high level. 


Water turkeys acting as branch managers roost out of the wind on a quiet shore.  


We released the three cats to swim another day. Had hoped to catch enough for an impromptu fish fry but maybe this is what retirement will look like, catch a few, cruise the lake, go home with no fish work to do. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger