Thursday, January 23, 2020

Camp Catfish Day 1...

Pop and Geneva have brought their camper to Hanks Creek. Looks like fishing in store for the next few days. Here's the set up. We dropped the boat at their camp site for the duration. This time last year this spot was underwater. 
Age range of the fisherman was 2 to 88. 

It was certainly a gray day with wind from the north a a nice but not dangerous chop on the water. Lots of gulls and the occasional white pelican and speeding bass boat flew by. The birds wondered what we were doing and the bass boats thought of us not at all. 


The catfish thought of us also and wanted in the boat. 

Lot of small ones today. I think I personally threw back as many as I kept and Mary held big fish honors for a few moments till Cathy shoved her off the score board.   


Them that caught the least have to clean. 

Total score of keepers was 15. We go again tomorrow. Hopefully clearing skies and high pressure don't give them the lock jaw. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger