Saturday, December 07, 2019

Live Music...

This weekend saw a performance by singer songwriter and Grammy nominee  Eliza Gilkyson at The Live Oak Listening Room. It was maybe the third time I have seen her play and you have to wonder, even though she is critically acclaimed and plays about 150 shows a year, why she is not a bigger star. Her songs are about love, politics, spirituality, ecology and many more topical subjects that at this time in the world we should hear more about.

She comes by this talent honestly as you have probably heard a song her father, Terry Gilkyson composed. It was in the Disney film The Jungle Book. The song was "The Bare Necessities" and it lost out on the Academy Award for best movie song to "Talk to the Animals" which was in Dr. Doolittle.     


Often time the heroes we admire are not good people. Cathy could not make the show because of work. When I told Eliza how much my wife liked her music she autographed this CD to her. Pure class. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger