Sunday, January 26, 2020

Camp Catfish Day 3...

With a fish fry in the bag due to the good luck the past two days at Camp Catfish we spent some time just sitting around camp, eating, cooking and some time drift fishing and learning to use the new electronics. 

I hate to tell you how much that white bass is per pound but I spotted some structure on the fish finder and some fish, threw out a marker buoy and caught this guy. Later on I caught a black bass. I see that for this kind of technique I am going to need another set of buoys since I only have one and it's so old it's filling with water and threatening to sink. I see that it might not be exact, the first mark but then another buoy or two to triangulate will help. This is not getting too scientific is it? I am usually out gathering fish not too much different from how the Neanderthals did it.  

Later my brother Glenn, Mary, Miguel, and Ezra joined me, Cathy and the Camp Catfish Proprietors Bill and Geneva and we had a nice cook out and fire sit around. 

One final note I was motoring up into the campground cove and there was a guy in a bass boat sitting there and he hollered at me "Hey, aren't you the tuba man?" It was an old high school class mate, Steve. That's one thing not crossed off the bucket list, playing the tuba in the boat. 

Might take today off from Camp Catfish today and since it looks like the white bass might be trying to spawn on the windy points of the lake that might be a plan of action tomorrow. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger