Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Family Fun and a Woods Hike...

Looking around for Labor Day Fun the gang took a tour to the old Heritage Village in Woodville, Tx. Most of the ids have fond memories as I think this is a pretty standard second grade class field trip destination. I think I even chaperoned a trip or two here. 

The Wallace Family has some history in the area and I've been told that some of the tools in the blacksmith's forge belonged to one of my grandfather's, Sam Wallace's brothers. I was not able to confirm this with the only hint that they came from Comesneil, Tx donated by the Dutton family. The Wallace family settled in Comesneil first arriving in Texas and some are still there.  

As we were early to the Village we were the only visitors and there was plenty of room to romp and play. 


Ali and Mary show there was pretty good stroller access.  


She should be in jail. 


Parker and Ezra, the cousins. 


While there is a restaurant, the Pickett House, we took a hike down the nature trail to a picnic table and had our on dinner. 

Morgan and Ali have moved back to the area with Morgan taking a job as Reliability Engineering Manager at Norboard in Nacogdoches. He's out of oil and gas which from the standpoint of his old job looks like a slow comeback to the stability and profitability of the recent past. I think also they are glad to be back to the small town and proximity to family.  Today is his first day on the job and they are in process of house buying and selling and all that that entails.  


This is me and Cullen on a hike. 


Cullen and Luca enjoy the woods. They will have more days like this in the very near future. 


 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger