Monday, October 05, 2020

Blue Cats, Reptiles, the Mark of the Beast and Other Lake Adventures...


For the fishing log cats were deep and we caught 23 keepers. Here is Cathy with big fish of the day. It's a blue cat and in addition to this I don't know how many little blue cats about 6 inches long we caught. Looks like a good spawn this year and if the big blues don't eat them this winter there should be some good ones to be caught in future years. 

Speaking of future fishing I have suspected that someone was fishing my place this summer. Fish have been a bit smaller and there was a funny kind of hang up that often snagged us where if you bounced around your weight it seemed to slide back and forth and then would come loose. This trip we puled up two five gallon buckets filled with chum. Apparently we were hanging on the bucket handles. We relocated these buckets where we would not hand on them.    


On the way out we cruised through one of our shallow water spots to check how they might be if we fished on a cloudy day and saw this 6 to 7 foot gator. King of the Jungle he was not hardly afraid of us. Some years I have waded this area duck hunting. 


This was a new feature at the boat ramp and by all reports is becoming common around the lake. It's a cashless automatic pay station. I buy my permit by the year, a U.S. Forest Service permit that is good at Forest Service Parks like Ratcliff and Boykin Springs as well as any Corps of Engineers Parks and I get my money's worth out of it. If you are paying by the day you better be in the system  or have the mark of a credit card or no permit.  


 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger