Friday, March 19, 2021

I've Got a Bad Case of the OLD Today...

 I've got a bad case of the old man today. Maybe I've had it for several days. 

I think it started when we played at church for the Feast Day Mass of St. Patrick. I knew Cathy had practiced the songs a bit on her own but somehow we had not managed (or so I thought) to coordinate a group effort on preparing the music. I knew what we were playing and the tunes were basically old Irish folk melodies. Oh yeah there was that one that she capoed to change the key to F#. That's not a real good key for an old tuba player playing bass guitar. 

I mentioned later that I would have like to written that part out. Maye even done it in a different key. They key of the people, C Major, would have been good. Cathy says, "well you did not say anything when we practiced it." I think I would have remembered practicing a song in F#. Maybe not though.  


Then there is the case of the missing big bass photo. I often look through old photo albums for material to fill this space. There was a photo of Cathy with a big largemouth bass. I thought to myself, there is a good story. Only problem I can't find that photo again. I have looked through 17 photo albums 10 times. That's 170 man photo albums. I have not seen the photo again. 

Now that song the grandkids sing about the baby shark is stuck in my head. 

Does anyone know those people in the photo? 


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger