Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Chicago April 2021...


We took off, me, Cathy and Unkee Matt for a visit to Katherine, Peter and Wallace in Chicago. We spent almost 31 hours in the car, nearly 2000 miles driving, 60 gallons of gas, (in my hybrid that's probably less of a carbon footprint than flying) and my latest endless zip drive mixtape. 

The Chicago family is doing fine with a new member, a boy expected on May 31st. 

It was nice trip with some fine thrift store record purchases, a trip downtown, a zoo visit and lots of playing and enjoying the cool weather. 


Here Cathy, Matt, Peter, Katie and Wallace walk downtown. Just a note if you are traveling to the big city masks are mandated in all indoor areas as vaccine roll outs are just beginning there. I did not research the per capita infection rate compared to Texas but I like being safe and don't want to pick up something that I bring back to family. 

Things are not as opened up as Texas, a good thing as places we visited in the city were not crowded and people keep their distance. It's the friendly way to be. Museums, zoos, and public places are open they just usually require an advance ticket to maintain safe distances which is always nice in the city.     



Katherine and Peter walk to the car after our zoo visit. 

Nice to be out traveling again. There will be another trip soon, when the baby is born with Cathy going to provide the support only a mom can for pregnant daughters and my services required within a few days to teach tuba, banjo and evaluate casting skills.    
 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger