Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Hot Pepper Sauce While it's Still Legal...


Remember back when me and Ft. Worth blues singer Creek Bottom Smith speculated that in an authoritarian society the pleasures of hot sauce might be made illegal?

It's coming to pass. Creek Bottom aint in Ft. Worth much longer and they are starting to tell you how cold your air conditioning can be set. It only makes sense that they are going to regulate how hot your hot sauce can be.      


Today I worked on a batch of sauce. It's the third time I have made some like this and it might be the charm. The two previous batches were nice but not hot. This one might be the one. Here's the recipe:

A good double hand full of dried arbol peppers from the grocery, a good handful of fresh super chilis and sweet peppers from my garden boiled and seeped in a small sauce pan.
About three good pinches of sea salt. 
A good spoonful of chili powder.
about 10 table spoons of vinegar.
One table spoon apple cider vinegar. 
Good spoon full of minced garlic.
Juice of one lemon.
Liquify in a blender. 
Pour into bottles.

The sauce is still warm but a taste tells me I'm getting in the ballpark. Three bottles is enough to keep me entertained for awhile.    

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger