Friday, October 08, 2021

Rhonda Vincent and the Rage at the Pines Theater...

Another great show at the Pines Theater in Downtown Lufkin is in the books. Rhonda Vincent and the Rage performed to a sold out crowd and this was on a night when there was a home field high school football game too. 

Rhonda has a career spanning four decades in bluegrass music. She's a member of the Grand Ol Opry, 7 time Grammy nominee winning in 2017 for best bluegrass album.  

Her backing band was super with great players who also sang the high lonesome harmonies as well as leads on their own tunes. 


This guitar player was out of this world. I saw a great player a few years ago at Railbird festival Billy Strings. Billy does bluegrass but it's with a modern twist. This guy was old time and lightening fast. 


I suggest you check out Rhonda Vincent and the Rage. I like bluegrass but I would not call myself hip to the festivals, the nitty gritty history and the life but I can say this was a world class great show. 



 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger