Thursday, September 23, 2021

Cathy Has a Hip Replacement...


After a period of hobbling around that was frequently exacerbated by a night at work on her feet, lots of stairs or long walks Cathy had a hip replacement on Sept 21st. Doctor Guse was the surgeon, Woodland Heights was the hospital. It was an anterior approach type surgery. I'm the boss of her physical therapy. The photo is the old hip cartilage. The worn area is circled.   


The new implant. She's going to need that airport hurry through the metal detector card. 


This photo shows the alignment. Looks like they evened her up pretty good. 

She was home from the hospital less than 24 hours after the surgery ended. Getting around well with the help of a walker now but one of the benefits of the anterior approach is that recovery to the least assistive device is quick. 

Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes!  

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger