Thursday, September 02, 2021

Big Boy is Watching...

So I go in the nearby video rental place. It's a chore to find a suitable rental, lots of new releases and direct to video and nothing old or classic with many movies that were the last big hits seeming a little dated. Big Boy that works there, close to my age, lots of tats, squats on a a narrow stool eyes slitted, watching who comes through the door. He's prides himself on knowing every one's name and he has been trying to remember mine. He gets it right this time. He's probably pretty smart, a shining star among his peers, he's just missed on some opportunities that's all. 

Big Boy has been watching and he has pegged me as no ordinary dude. He says: "I looked up all those movies you been renting." I nervously laugh. "Oh yeah." I mean, wouldn't you start getting a little nervous? I think, maybe I should learn his name. He continues, "I figure you are some kind of professor, like at a college or something."

 Lucky my wife is with me, I start to feel a little hit on and nervously laugh again. I'm giggling like a school girl, hope he's not liking guys that do that. I said he's probably pretty smart, getting it close, if not right most of the time. And since he knows all my stuff, name address, phone and who knows what else I promised to do if they would just let me rent movies in a one horse town he can probably stumble on my house just down the road. My only defense is to try to scare him. I rent "Milk."
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dan-Dan said...

Great move!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't hear any banjo music in the background did'ya?! This is hilarious!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger