Monday, November 01, 2021

An Insidious Disease The Worm Leg...

I'm here today to talk about an insidious disease affecting those from 6 months to about 16 months. We call it the worm leg. The signs and symptoms of the worm leg are when you try to place a child in the most affected age bracket in standing the legs either draw up in a seeming involuntary avoidance of the bearing of the body weight on the floor or they collapse or the child automatically sits right down on the hinny. The legs essentially have the same strength and stability to support the child as a worm would if a worm could.  

I first noticed this syndrome in my oldest grandson Warren. When he was about 6 months old it seemed he would walk at anytime. Everyone was excited at how advanced he was. Then the worm leg set in and he never stood again till he was about 16 months. It almost seemed he preferred being carried by his parents. Thankfully this carrying of a large child comes to an end when the worm leg resolves on it's own and the infant begins standing and walking.     

My grandson Cullen has just ended his battle with the worm leg. We are happy to note that he dealt with it in the most creative ways, leaning his back against solid, stationary objects when he stood to play, cruising furniture and letting adults do the work whenever possible. With the discovery that you can get more food when you move around I think this was an important realization for Master Cullen in resolving this terrible disease.  Mr. Cullen do like the groceries. He will walk to the dinner table.   



Be sure to leave your comments about the battles you have had with the worm leg. If we all support each other we can ease the burden of this affliction. 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger