Saturday, December 18, 2021

Celtic Angels Christmas...

Last night it was Celtic Christmas at the Pines Theater as part of the Angelina Arts Alliance concert series. As you know, us and friends have season tickets but you know what kind of year the past couple have been. Cathy has been under the weather a few days with the plain old garden variety flu, (covid negative) Suzi broke two toes and sprained her ankle so her and Charile loaned tickets to friends. Me and Ann soldiered on and enjoyed a great performance.

Most of the Christmas songs were the old favorites but great voices, dancing and fine musical accompaniment brought the show to life. My favorite was the Celtic Knights, the men who danced in the traditional Irish way.      

There were different costumes for each number with very smooth changes. A performer would finish a number with another number beginning and then would be back singing or dancing in a different get up. 

Here's a clip. 

I forgot my good camera so pictures are not what I'm used to. Here's the drummer. Maybe we can have him over and do some kind of druid ceremony out in the East Texas bottoms. He looked like he would like that.  

I see people who make great cell phone photos but there is some kind of old guy technology barrier that erects itself when ever I try to make action shots with mine. 


There's not a lot of info about the Angels I saw on a quick check of the internet. They did offer information during troupe introductions of things like he's been with us 12 seasons, he's on America's Got Talent, in Riverdance, or a has a high musical degree. Check their entertainment website for tour dates and for the gear heads and the hanger ons there is the tour rider for equipment and backstage goodies. No surprises but I think I'll add "fresh caught catfish dinner" to my document.

The Pines is a great venue and our front row seats have been the best. I think all the ushers at the Pines events are friends of mine. For the second time now Bonnie, the owner of Music World who ushers has used one of our empty seats. I purchase the occasional sheet music and valve oil there but my horn playing friends tell me if you need a certain horn Bonnie will know where to get it. 

Check out the Pines. In addition to the events our season tickets cover they have entertainment all the time and that's what I'm talking about. 



 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger