Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Christmas Music Review...

 I hear people say they hate Christmas music. It's probably just the music you are listening to because there are tons of good Christmas tunes and I bet the same old ones crossing your path are the songs that some streaming service or conglomerate radio station pushes to you. So I decided this holiday season to run a few music reviews to help out on the fun of seasonal music. I'll start with a new spin on some old favorites.

A Christmas album I have been listening to for almost 20 years is Christmas Music Remixed Volume 1. I also have Volume 2 and there is a Volume 3 which I have not heard. These albums remix the old standards by Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and others with a few beats and electronic trickeries that are not too strange to the ear but give you a nice listening surprise to enjoy just when you have settled down by the fireplace with the chestnut roasted just like it said in the book. 


Volume one of this set peaked at #5 on the Billboard Electronic/Dance Music Charts of December 2003. It's various DJs doing the mixing and I have never heard of any of them. The release was out on the Six Degrees record label. I've found lots of music I like on that label and I don't think you could go wrong with any of their artists.

Cathy thinks Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year but Bing gets paid each time this is released on a Christmas product and makes money he can't spend. 

Another for the nut fans:

I not sure if physical copies in the form of CDs or records are available but there is a Bandcamp page where digital downloads are available. I think bandcamp pays the artist better than some streaming services. 

I'll try and make a couple of blog posts before Christmas on my favorites as the spirit moves me. There are always good songs on WWOZ, New Orleans listener supported radio and as Christmas gets closer there will be good holiday music on the Traditional Jazz/Dixieland and ragtime show 9 to 11am each morning and more eclectic stuff on the Friday night Music of Mass Distraction. 

Of course your local public radio will always bring good listening. 

Music should make you happy, be new and enhance the experience.   







  

   

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger