Saturday, November 13, 2021

Riff Runners in Concert at Angelina College...

If you missed Friday night's performance by the Angelina College Community Big Band under the direction of Dixon Shanks you missed a great show. The music was top notch. 

The music they chosen for the first concert by this newly reorganized group was a mix of jazz standards, pop and rock tunes all performed in a big band style.  

The group draws members from Lufkin and surrounding areas. Quite a few are musicians I have played with in our brass quintet, the Angelina College Civic band or the Stone Wall Rockers and they definitely brought their best to this show. 

There are good musical things happening in Lufkin right now and I advised you to put the next two concerts by this big band, March 3rd and April 19, 2022 on your must do list. You won't believe how good this is till you see it. 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger