Monday, November 08, 2021

The Lufkin Brass at Uncle Doug's BBQ

This past weekend The Lufkin Brass, our polka band/brass quintet/dixieland/ragtime outfit played at Uncle Doug's BBQ in Douglass, Tx. If you don't know the venue check it out sometime. There's something for everyone if you like BBQ, chocolate factories, community gardens, a coffee lounge and plenty of outside room for the kids to run. 

I recommend the ribs. They melt in your mouth.

Our music went well. It's our second gig in as many as many months and our set is traveling well. The guys set up quickly and with just five horns there not much muss, fuss or sound check required. Everyone just does the thing they do and we have fun. I think the spectators and Victor, the owner of Doug's did too. They indicated they would have us back. We did not push our luck or anything and ask if we could leave our stuff set up but we look forward to a return.

Best part of the gig was toward the end of our second set my grand daughter Parker, who had come to see me play shouted from the picnic table area "bye Pop-Pop." Nothing like fans watching you.       


We even got our name up in lights. 

You can see from this photo they let our cornet player, Dwain, park his car behind the stage. 


Whether the Lufkin Brass is playing or not check out Uncle Doug's. It's great.  




 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger