Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sometimes I'm Just Not On It...

I walk around taking lots of photos. These days it seems like I make a bunch of grandkid photos and they are usually blurry. They are blurry because have you ever been able to make a ball of action that is just old enough to have it's own agenda be still? No I have not either but I try. 

The phone, which you should never complain about when you see a poor person with a nice one because you just can't live with out that online connection for all business and it's a lot easier way for a younger person to do their business than trundling along writing on a desktop like I am, keeps me posted on photos. Each day some kind of memory thing goes back about 10 years and photos I made at the time magically appear. Often times they are photos that either I did not consider my best and did not use on a social media post, they are kind of random events and seem to have been made with phone or as I call it even though it's not, the big camera and I don't know how those get in the cloud so to speak. My point I guess is in retrospect some look pretty good. 

I was walking near the PK house in Chicago recently. Of course I had my camera. I passed a little restaurant about a block down called Pizza Fried Chicken and Ice Cream. It's named so because that's what they serve. 

The pizza is a tavern style, thin crust, cut into squares. It's a kind that came to be a favorite in Chicago bars after WW2 because you could just roll the crust out instead of hand tossing, bake with toppings and cut into squares to be served on a napkin for a guy drinking at a bar to eat so he did not have to interrupt his drinking to get up for food. If you did not know the world worked this way, wake up it does. I've had their pizza, not at the bar but take home and it's good. 

I have not had the fried chicken. I only eat Cathy's fried chicken. It's one of those things young lovers promise each other in moments of passion. "only your's honey, it's the best." I've stuck to that promise almost 33 years now. 

The ice cream is a bar on a stick type thing in whimsical flavors like shad blueberry and it's good to grab one after an evening stroll over to a nearby park but it's nothing like sinking your whole head in a carton of the cheapest stuff HEB sells while watching a Netflix series that you can't even connect with. 

Ok, back to the photos. I've strayed and when that happens it's like the guy who messaged me when I went a period of time without a blog post about my late father in law. He wrote, "Get back to Bill."

PFCIC had an outside wall plastered in these old style posters in a design that conveys a sense of emergency. Here are a couple of examples. I made photos of my favorites thinking that these would be inspirational later on but I failed to take a big picture of the whole wall. They were all kind of subversive and maybe I thought some would take to much explaining so I picked the ones with the most apparent message.          

I think now, about people in the world that don't take in the greater effect of their actions on all of humanity and maybe that's what happened to me standing in front of that wall. I did not take in a total view. I'll try to do better next time. I did not make a blurry picture, I just did not get the whole picture. 


Hopefully I can get the whole picture before my phone reminds me to think 10 years in the future. I'll try. 

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger