Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Spring Catfish Slip Cork Bite is On...


If you are a regular reader of these blog fishing reports you know that we love to slip cork catfish in the shallows. The slip cork season is off to a slow start because of low lake levels leaving our favorite places too shallow. Not that catfish won't get up in the shallow water but they just like the added shade a couple of feet more gives them and they feel a bit more secure making it easier for our floating circus to sneak up on them. Lake is rising so things looking good. 

Just what we need, another picture of Cathy holding a catfish. Final total was 13 fish during a couple of hours fishing. She says she quit counting after number six, Ezra caught two and I guess I can claim at least a couple of the other five. 


I mentioned our circus. I guess 13 fish is pretty good considering this 22 month old howler monkey was on board. He really is a good child. He's obedient, does not really get into stuff like some children, learns very quickly and will eat food dropped on the ground so there is nothing wasted with him around. He does want to do whatever everybody else does so if his brother sat on the ice chest, touched a catfish, got a snack, turned the steering wheel of the boat he has to do it also. If he doesn't that's when the howler monkeyisms begin but I guess the catfish which were holding 4' deep and caught on punch bait don't mind.  


Note this photo. Eyes are not on the fish but Luca watches his brother to see what he does so he can do it. It's hard to be so little but he tries to keep up as best he can. 
There is something about your own fishing pole. Ezra has adopted this reel, which was on a different rod which got broken last spring but he still recognizes it as the one for him. He would not reel in a fish hooked on our poles saying things like, "My fish gone night night" or "my fish dead" till I finally hooked a couple for him on this rig and then he was ready to get in on the action.    


Fisherman with his catch says, "cheese." 


Thirteen channel cats, big spawning females. 

I mentioned he would eat anything that fell on the ground. Fry fish, dump it on the picnic table. He will get busy. 

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger