Saturday, October 29, 2022

Pam Tillis at the Pines Theater...

This week I saw Pam Tillis, daughter of county music legend Mel Tillis at the Pines Theater in Lufkin. It was another fine show brought to town by the Angelina Arts Alliance. We did not buy season tickets to the Pines this years as we did last year. Our plans were to pick and choose the shows we wanted. These tickets were a gift from a friend.  
I must admit that I knew nothing about Pam Tillis. If I had heard one of her songs it was by accident so I can count this show as another adventure in hearing something that I have not heard before. 


The show was three musicians on guitar, keyboard, fiddle and mandolin playing and singing in harmony. There were no ipads, teleprompters, music on stands or pre-recorded tracks. It was just people singing and playing together on songs about the human condition just as men and women have done for however many years you think we have been on this planet or somewhere in the universe.    

Pam's bio lists her as being born in Florida and spending most of her early life in Nashville. The presentation of her show was very much in the singer song write style that is so familiar to us in Texas with stories told that fill out the spaces where the songs come from. 



I did not get the backing musicians names but they are probably capable of a fine show on their own.  


It was a really great show and it caused Cathy to consider doing a Pam Tillis song, Train Without a Whistle. She thought it would go well as a mash up with the Beatles tune Don't Let Me Down. You can listen and see for yourself but in my book and show that makes a person have creative thoughts is a good one in my book. 

  

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger