Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Brother in Law Fishing Report...

Brother in law John stopped by on his way up from Houston to check on a remodeling job that's under way at his lake house on Lake Jacksonville and me, him, Cathy and other brother Matt made a catfishing trip to Rayburn. It's been a slow summer for fishing but looks like things might pick up a bit with the cooling temperatures this fall. 

The day started hot and still but a swim and a bit of wind the bite picked up and fish were a little over average size.  

Here's brother John with a keeper. Hopefully with his retirement we will discover some fishing on Lake Jacksonville. 


Cathy and Matt take the shady end of the boat. Matt recently purchased a house near the Cassels Boykin area of the lake probably about 4 miles as the crow flies from this fishing spot. There's some work to be done on the place but certainly in one of my favorite areas of the lake.  


I get a catfish picture. The fish were deep. We caught 15 on punch bait. 


I put red beans and rice in the crock pot and made a secret sauce cole slaw ahead of time. Sometimes this kind of preparation can jinx you but we had a fine meal afterwards with a few left overs for today. 

We are way behind on the catfish count for the year but it might be the time to cook the few you catch, enjoy good company on the water and count the quality of the experience.    

.    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger