Thursday, January 18, 2024

A Visit With Old Friends...


 We spend a great day yesterday in Houston with friends Scott and Ellen. We had a lunch line real Cajun meal at a little cafĂ© and spent the afternoon looking around the Menil Collection. Scott and Ellen recently retired to Santa Fe and built a house with a view and this was our first visit with them since then. 

Cathy thinks she met Scott and Ellen around 1977 when they were neighbors living on South Pecan in Nacogdoches.. Scott and Ellen moved out to the area near Lake Tonkawa when it was still a place hippies snuck into so they could swim naked and advised Cathy of a cheap house she could rent next-door. I can place my meeting of Scott and Ellen at the old Press Road House probably no later than 1980ish but maybe earlier.

Of course all this is in the hazy past with lots of water over the falls since then so I welcome any and all corrections to this possible timeline in the name of accuracy and protection of the innocent. 

As I say the visit was great. Plans are laid for a travel trailer trip to Santa Fe this summer. Go see your oldest friends. There's no one else like them. 

And just for the record I'm not saying anyone swam naked in Tonkawa or anything like that but again I welcome any corrections to the record and the memories.       

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger