Saturday, December 23, 2023

Drum and Tuba Christmas at Posadas...

Mary worked last night. She's a night shift labor and delivery nurse for those of you thinking that Drum and Tuba Christmas is her day job. I had to find a sub and fortunately I did not look very far as her brother Morgan filled in on the drum chair to play the Posada celebration at St. Patrick's Catholic Church. Old Pop-Pop appreciates that he has two children to step up and back up his musical efforts. Actually have two more children and I'd liove to see what they could do backing me up but be ready for mixed results if it's on drums.    
If you aren't familiar with the 400 year old tradition of Posadas take some Aztec Winter Solstice celebrations, combine it with a dramatization and procession of Mary and Joseph's search of a place at the inn, prayer, songs, food, and a Piñata and you have Posadas. Since the seven points of the Pinata represent the seven deadly sins of lust, greed, gluttony, sloth, envy, pride, and wrath the blindfold represents faith and the stick is virtue to overcome sin and the goodies inside the Piñata are the riches of heaven one will receive when they overcome I think it's only that it's only natural we insert some Drum ad Tuba in there somewhere. 

Only problem was that when they served pizza and the piñata began I lost half the band. Fortunately we jammed a bit before it all started.             


This was our third drum and tuba show of the 2023 Christmas season. I'll probably have to send that suit to the cleaners.  


As long as you want the dynamics loud me and Parker are good at it. 


A video of us popped up on a Facebook page called Here I Am Lord to Do Your Will. That seems appropriate.  


Looks like a good time was had by all. 

Remember, there are 12 days of Christmas and when that finishes it's legal to eat King Cake and the Mardi Gras Season starts. Any part of that you can use a tuba, some drum, a piñata and pizza.   
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger