Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Drum and Tuba Christmas in it's Ninth Year...

Drum and Tuba Christmas, a little family musical group has been in operation since about 2014. It started out with me and my daughter Mary on drums, with my son Morgan subbing one year and after a couple of lean years where everyone was having kids, working nights or restricted because of that COVID thing we have been back stronger than ever this year with grandsons Ezra and Luca joining the band and really pulling their weight and demonstrating not only do they have good rhythm but they know how to stand on a stage and show you what a song is for. 

I'll have to borrow a quote from my 13 year old granddaughter Coraline who said after we camped and attended a music festival this spring and said, "it was the best time I have ever had in my life." That's how it felt playing music with the grandkids.   

If you count the street busking in the park I did and a gig for a church luncheon and an invite to play Huntington Healthcare and Rehab I've made three shows in 10 days. Pick any favorite musician my age and see how he did. I'm probably in the ballpark for this kind of thing. Here's a photo of Cathy with friends Joe and Cheryl at the church gig. I primed the pump so to speak by making them one of our Carl and Cathy Radio zip drives full of tunes. After they here that they will understand all and be dressing like elves and playing with us next year.  


Feliz Navidad!


In case you don't know drum and tuba Christmas was originally a pagan festival. We just changed it around for our own purposes.  


At the nursing home one spectator told me, "you would be nothing without those kids." I'm not sure how to take that but I'll take it because I think he meant well and the kids did play well.  


Mary's back to the night shift this week and kids will be expecting Santa. There is almost too much fun to have. Look for Drum and Tuba Christmas at a venue near you. 

 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger