Monday, February 20, 2006

Ice day...

Well for some people, I drove to Kilgore only to find school closed. Really was not icey on the way up for me, I did talk to one student from Oakwood or somewhere that had quite a bit of ice on her car. She was surprised to find no one there and had seen a bit more weather than us southerners.

Any way I took in the sights. Looks like the loop in Nacogdoches is a peril for some. One wreck blocking traffic and evidence of several more to be see. Another wreck in Lufkin at north 59 and the loop, no ice but that spot has been popular when it rains lately, people seem to want to bunch up.

One coyote, he took a look across the road throught the freezing drizzle between Mt. Enterprise and Henderson and went back in the woods. Then there were the two dogs, both hit by cars, laying about 10 yards apart, peacefully doing the big sleep in the cold rain. I wondered if they were both hit by the same car. No heaven or hell for dogs, I think when they die they go to another dimension where they just keep on what they were doing before they died. Instead of like people and going to a place of comfort and peace they just keep on standing on the side of the road in a cold rain with cars whizzing past at 70mph. Those dimensions don't just go 1st, 2nd they go 1.000000000000001 then 1.000000000000002. That's so dogs get a lot of chances, since they are so dumb.
Some icicles hanging from trees and eves of buildings in Kilgore. Might not see that much more, global warming and all.
I walked across campus to the library, they were closed. There was a guy on the second floor of the administration building, behind tall glass windows and in a white shirt and tie. Our eyes met. A cheap white shirt is cold on a day like today. I'm not saying he had a cheap white shirt, but all my white shirts are cheap, real cold and hard with too much starch from the cleaners. Glad I was dressed warm. Any way I mouthed the words, "call me next time you close" and flashed him a gang sign.
Then almost back to Lufkin there were 30 cowboys on horse back. I guess going to the Livestock show in Houston. There was a guy on horse stopped at the edge of the woods, he was holding the other cowboys thing, I mean rein while that one did something in the woods. Then that other cowboy taking a woods break turned out to be a cowgirl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger