Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sgt. Ryan...

A few blog entries back I mentioned recording a song with some of the folks from Brothers Keeper Church that was dedicated to a guy, Sgt. Ryan wounded in Iraq. Here is a web site with his story:

  • helpeddieryan.com

  • If you click on see video and hear song on the left hand side of the page under the dove you will hear a song Dave Sarver wrote and see a video of local folks thanking Eddie for his sacrifice. They went to see him and thanked him personally. I played bass on the song and am actually in the video, in the quick shot of people at the taekwondo school.

    I really wish guys like this did not have to make any sacrifice. As a parent myself I'm sure Eddie's mom wishes that this did not happen. We can only hope that there is a greater thing, getting all these people to help that may have never helped anyone before, just getting people involved with the trials that others face, maybe making people ask questions as to why we fight wars any way.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Carl said...

    Just one more comment, I write this stuff when I first get up so it's pretty unpolished and I think of things to add later, but they are taking money to help in Ryan's rehab because the Army is not able to provide for such a severe injury. Other specialized places do.

    A person does not usually live over this type of thing, that's the miracle, a way for God to say "Hey, you think you know what you are doing, but my power is so great you don't even have a way to accept it."

    Looks like more folks would take notice, maybe rethink some things about war.

    7:02 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    "...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger