Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sliced into the king cake...

Cooked up 3lb of boiled shrimp for me and Cathy, best we could do for a Mardi Gras weekend with her working and me studying. Also bought a king cake.

Don't know if you know the legend of the king cake, sort of represents the gifts the wise men brought to the Christ child, something like that. There are various versions of what the baby inside represents, it goes way back. It could simply mean good luck for who finds or it could mean the finder brings next years king cake or throws the next Mardi Gras party. I think way way back in more primitive cultures there were customs where the cake had a bean in it and the finder got to do what ever they wanted for a day. WHATEVER. Of course they were worthless and ashamed and could not look any of their friends in the eye anymore after that crazy day so they were then killed.

When I cut the king cake tonight, I put the knife right on the baby. Hope it brings me luck because I assure you I have not been doing whatever I want tonight, I have had my head in a text book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger